Happy New Year 2012
Bill Gates (B): Okay. So, shall we begin?
Me (MT): Yeah. Sure.
B: So, what’s the reason behind this sudden blog post?
MT: Sudden? pfft…It’s New Year. So, this is my customary post. Of course, since nobody visits my blog, it’s not a surprise that you don’t know about it. Anyhow, moving on…
B: Then why don’t you blog more frequently?
MT: There are two reasons for that:
- I am lazy.
- Who reads my blog anyways? (Come on admit it, you’re reading this blog either because you’re jobless or there is nothing on this earth left to do which is lesser boring than reading my blog or you were redirected here by some spammy website)
- There’re a zillion other Social Networks to catch up with.
- I am lazy.
- I am busy with my work and my side projects that I’ve been working on lately.
B: Side projects? Can you elaborate what they are and what you’ve been working on?
B: That was insightful.
MT: Thank you.
B: What were your biggest achievements in 2011?
MT: Well, 2011 helped me gain a lot of respect. Yeah. So much, that the doors open-up themselves seeing me at airports, malls, grocery stores etc.
B: Airports…Have you been travelling too much?
MT: Good question. In 2011, I travelled a lot. I had the wonderful opportunity to live in Eastern, Central and Pacific timezones.
B: That should’ve been fun.
MT: Yeah, no. You might think it was, but no. But that sure helped me make up a new resolution.
B: What is it?
MT: Visit all the 50 states in the United States. Not in just a single year, but at least I should start with this year. And by visit I mean, I should stay in a place for at least a night in any State.
B: That sounds interesting. What are your other resolutions?
MT: There’re a few.
- Be productive.
- Donate money.
- Lose weight in a healthy way and work out at least 18 days a month.
- Complete what I started.
- Be less selfish.
- Be cool.
B: Most of these look like your last year’s resolutions. Don’t they?
MT: Yeah. They are. So what do you get from that?
B: That you never were able to keep up any of your resolutions?
MT: 10 points for the correct answer. Claps
B: Okay, now let’s skip to the last part. What according to you have been the highlights in 2011?
MT: Let me recollect. Thinks Yeah. Here they are:
- I met some amazing people.
- I went through a very tough time and survived.
- Nailed an awesome job at a Start-up.
- Visited some great/good/bad/ugly places.
- My country won the cricket World Cup.
- Had my first ever surprise birthday party ( tears rolling down )
- Travelled between the dates September 11-15, October 11-15, November 11-15 and December 11-15. Amazing coincidence, right?
B: Sure. Whatever you say. Okay now, with that we wrap up this wonderful conversation. Have a wonderful year ahead. Take care.
MT: That is so kind of you to call this conversation “wonderful”. Anyhow, have a Wonderful and Prosperous New Year ahead.