Happy New Year 2017
Last year, I, royally screwed up the timing of my year in review post by posting it in July 😬
I know, July is not really the best time to wish someone a Happy New Year, but, unfortunately, that was when I snapped out of my laziness to write a blog post. I didn’t want to miss my year in review blog and so I did it anyway…in July.
This year, I don’t want to be lazy and so, here it is, on the 2nd of January (I had friends come over on the 1st and so, I couldn’t find time to blog).
I had a fun 2016. It basically included traveling, adventures, reading, a lot of video gaming and tiny traces of fitness.
Here are the highlights —
- Visited Birla Mandir in Hyderabad
- Returned back to the United States from my India trip
- Moved out of Fremont, CA
- Visited Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Took part in the Canvas & Cabernet event and ended up painting
- Visited Safari West in Santa Rosa
- Started reading a couple of books
- Went hiking at Half Moon Bay
- Went hiking at Purisima Creek
- Visited my Sister and Brother-in-law in Los Angeles
- Ran my first ever non-stop 5k. It was on a treadmill though. I ended up running 42 miles in 2016, 16 of which were in May.
- Went hiking at Sequoia National Park
- Visited Grizzly falls and Three Rivers (CA)
- Went hiking at Mt. Diablo
- Flew down to Seattle for my friends’ bachelor party (1 party for 2 guys)
- Almost all of my friends here have their birthdays in July and August (incl. my wife) and so I ended up being busy organizing/attending these “surprise” parties
- Became a member of Top Golf
- Went Indoor Sky Diving. It was fun
- Celebrated Diwali
- Successfully completed my first year at my current company
- Went on a road trip to Las Vegas and made a profit playing Black Jack
- Visited my Sister and Brother-in-law during my flight’s layover in Los Angeles
- Celebrated my 1st Wedding Anniversary by visiting Costa Rica. It was a fantastic & adventurous trip. Our activities included Canyoneering, Zip lining, Hiking the majestic Arenal Volcano in the rainforest and hiking around the hanging bridges
- My buddy, Sravan, visited CA and we ended up driving down to Mt. Diablo and Napa valley
- Had a nice NYE in San Francisco. Watched the fireworks
A few years ago, I gave up on the concept of New Year’s Resolutions, since, I never ended up keeping them. This has always been the case with me and now I want to change that. I want to challenge myself. I want to become a better version of me. I have a couple of ideas that would help me achieve my goals. I will share them soon in a separate blog post.
And with that, I’ll wrap up my post.
I wish you all a fun-filled, wonderful & prosperous New Year.